1 16.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kentuckiana Gang invades Ohio
04-09-2012, 12:22 PM,
Just want to remind everyone we're planning a group flying trip to Ohio (Wesmar or Cary's, wherever the action may be) on the weekend of 4/21-22.

I'd like to propose to make it a 2 day deal. Rough camping is usually available with simple request to the land owners (no water/WC/power).

If my wife allows a two day endevour I can take 3 more people with me and their gliders, yes I can!

Please let your intentions known in the poll. Thank you!
"I saw on this nature show how male elk douses himself with urine to smell sweeter to the opposite sex. What a coincidence!!" ~Deep thought by Jack Handey
04-09-2012, 08:37 PM,
I have every intention of going for both days barring anything catastrophic! I may be interested in carpooling as my truck blew up last Friday morning. Shopping around for something used to almost worn out, as that is all my budget will presently allow! Who else is in??
I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things. Antoine de St. Exupery
04-10-2012, 08:24 AM,
I'm planning to go for two days. Hoping nothing changes my plan.

Kent
04-10-2012, 11:36 AM,
Cool. I got a 4' x 8' trailer. Do you think that's long enough to support a glider? If not, I can put wider supports on my existing roof rack. Probably should make that call before the trip.

I'll try to convince my wife to let me take my older son with me for camping. She may enjoy the 1 on 1 with the younger one, being home alone for the weekend and all. Anyways, that's my plans. Stay tuned ... :-)
"I saw on this nature show how male elk douses himself with urine to smell sweeter to the opposite sex. What a coincidence!!" ~Deep thought by Jack Handey
04-11-2012, 07:45 AM,
Our primary goal for the weekend will be to get Sarah some more training. So our target destination is still just WesMar.
04-13-2012, 09:35 PM,
Sweet! I got the hall pass from the missus for the weekend and I'm bringing my older son along for some QT camping juan-juan (read one-on-oneSmile). Kim, we'll fit the gliders on the roof rack, and I'll bring the trailer for the gear. Chances are I'll be bringing the trike back home with me :party:

Now everyone say a collective prayer for a good soaring weather and that at least one tug is available!
04-13-2012, 10:10 PM,
I'll just be glad if the scooter is out and operating! As much as I want to get my AT rating, my hang 3, and other ratings, I'm afraid my truck blowing up last week is going to limit me financially for the near future. I'm seriously even considering going back into the work arena so I can start getting a regular paycheck, and health insurance. Not sure which is more important at this juncture, considering my recent health scare. But both would be nice!
I spoke with Jeff last night and he is not going to be able to make it next weekend. That's a real bummer, but I still need some airtime to put things back into perspective! I am definitely looking forward to getting out into some warm temps and thermic air!!
I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things. Antoine de St. Exupery
04-14-2012, 09:58 AM,
I'll be back in Louisville ~6:00 on Friday... and will be ready to leave around 7:00. Let me know where y'all will be Friday night... I will be in late; but I will see you at the camp site!
Soaring since June 2009 - H2 - AT FL CL FSL - Northwing Horizon 180 Blue/Gold/White - Secretary/Treasurer of Kentuckiana Soaring.
04-14-2012, 10:13 AM,
I can't leave till sAturday morning. Probably 730? Kent, Kim?
04-15-2012, 03:13 AM,
As I'll be dependent on a ride, I'll be ready to go whenever works for those driving! I kinda was thinking Sat. AM before my truck blew a head, so whatever works.
The Ohio group is thinking of a Thelma Hill memorial flying weekend. So I'd be glad to also raise a toast to the Mother of a fellow pilot.
I wish Jeff was gonna be able to make it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ohio Flyers annual meeting Michal M. 3 2,701 02-11-2015, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Michal M.
  Flying Thursday in Ohio? Michal M. 2 730 01-19-2012, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Michal M.