Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have glider, can fly
07-15-2012, 09:21 AM,
Have glider, can fly
The glider I ordered from WW on 2/2/12 finally arrived this week. I picked it up from John Alden @WesMar on Wednesday and it flies like a dream. I can now start to participate in Kentuckiana flight ops. Looking forward to flying w/y'all.

Steve
07-15-2012, 12:09 PM,
Have glider, can fly
Steve Wahl Wrote:The glider I ordered from WW on 2/2/12 finally arrived this week. I picked it up from John Alden @WesMar on Wednesday and it flies like a dream. I can now start to participate in Kentuckiana flight ops. Looking forward to flying w/y'all.

Steve

Congratz on the new toy!! What did you get?

Chris
07-15-2012, 08:31 PM,
Have glider, can fly
Sweet! As soon as I (order and) get my new DT I'm game!
"I saw on this nature show how male elk douses himself with urine to smell sweeter to the opposite sex. What a coincidence!!" ~Deep thought by Jack Handey
07-16-2012, 10:48 AM,
Have glider, can fly
POPPY Wrote:Congratz on the new toy!! What did you get?

Chris

Got a U2 145 with the Hydranet LE & TE. It goes slow, it goes fast, it turns when I tell it to, and it wants to land on my two feet! The flare window isn't a window, it is a wide-open garage door. Needless to say, I am tickled.
07-16-2012, 10:52 AM,
Have glider, can fly
Steve Wahl Wrote:... It goes slow, it goes fast, it turns when I tell it to, and it wants to land on my two feet! The flare window isn't a window, it is a wide-open garage door ...

Sounds like my Sport 2 :-)
"I saw on this nature show how male elk douses himself with urine to smell sweeter to the opposite sex. What a coincidence!!" ~Deep thought by Jack Handey
07-16-2012, 02:19 PM,
Have glider, can fly
Sarah is EXTREMELY close to beign able to fly with us.

Previously, Sarah has been doing scooter training first at High Perspective in Toronot and then at WesMar. Unfortunately, she just wasn't making much progress.

Last month we went down to QuestAir for tandem aerotow training. Our goal was to spend two weeks there. Unfortunately, weather didn't cooperate (Tropical Storm Debbie anyone?), so we headed north to Lookout.

Three days of training at lookout and Mikey and Ozzie were both saying she was "very close", but then her final day with Clifton set her back. You don't want to get me started on that...

I think two more solid weekends and she may be good to fly with us locally. So maybe by mid-August we might finally be ready to fly locally.
07-16-2012, 04:16 PM,
Have glider, can fly
FlyingGMan Wrote:Sarah is EXTREMELY close to beign able to fly with us.

Previously, Sarah has been doing scooter training first at High Perspective in Toronot and then at WesMar. Unfortunately, she just wasn't making much progress.

Last month we went down to QuestAir for tandem aerotow training. Our goal was to spend two weeks there. Unfortunately, weather didn't cooperate (Tropical Storm Debbie anyone?), so we headed north to Lookout.

Three days of training at lookout and Mikey and Ozzie were both saying she was "very close", but then her final day with Clifton set her back. You don't want to get me started on that...

I think two more solid weekends and she may be good to fly with us locally. So maybe by mid-August we might finally be ready to fly locally.

That's awesome! The more the merrier!!

I would love to hear more about the Clifton setback. If you don't want to blast it here publicly I would appreciate a PM. If you don't mind sharing .... I've had a not so great experience with LMFP so I'm curious as to what Sarah's is about.
07-16-2012, 08:02 PM,
Have glider, can fly
Wow. Outstanding. Reaching the critical mass of enough people for regular outings is a process of one-by-one. GO SARAH!
07-17-2012, 05:44 PM,
Have glider, can fly
Kent and I talked on the phone last week-end about possibly scooter towing in Tipton Friday, assuming he is not taking on a driving job that day. Steve, are you up for it? Patrick
07-26-2012, 07:52 PM,
Have glider, can fly
pzirnhel Wrote:Kent and I talked on the phone last week-end about possibly scooter towing in Tipton Friday, assuming he is not taking on a driving job that day. Steve, are you up for it? Patrick

Sorry I missed the opportunity. Just checked in to the site. Hope you had a good day.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fly In at Cruzan Field 8/24/13 Kent Kendall 20 4,152 08-27-2013, 10:58 PM
Last Post: pzirnhel
  Have a tow rig. Who wants to fly? pzirnhel 27 5,397 08-27-2012, 10:50 PM
  Let's fly!!! 8/4-5/2012 Michal M. 15 2,264 08-06-2012, 11:16 PM
  National Hang Gliding & Paragliding Day Fly-In at Cloud 9, Michigan on Saturday, May Kipp 1 842 05-23-2011, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Jordan
  Who wants to fly? Kim Banker 13 2,006 04-13-2011, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Michal M.