Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tangled Line
08-28-2012, 11:03 PM,
Tangled Line
So, I used my tow rig for the first time tonight. My brother got in a few short tows, but at the end of the night we were winding up the line and the line jumped the edge. We stopped and fixed the jumped line. But then it seemed like the rope was a bit loose on the reel, so we began to pull the line off of the reel. After about half of the line was off it stopped coming off of the reel, it was some how too tangled to even come off. Any ideas of what to do?
08-29-2012, 07:19 PM,
Tangled Line
I had the same problem with mine at first. The large droge shute helped, as it keeps the line tight after release. I found that you have to real in the line with a lot of tention on it. Anytime I would wind it up loose, it would get stuck or tangle on the spool. If you have alot of line out and not going to tow a glider, drag something heavy or attach to something like a gardentracktor or motorcycle and tow it to the scooter, using the scooter power.

08-29-2012, 09:46 PM,
Tangled Line
Thanks for the advice, I got the line untangled and put back on with tension. Now I think I need a drogue chute.