Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complete static-line tow system
12-05-2010, 01:09 PM,
I have a cutom-built static-line tow system which I no longer use since I can't get anyone else in the Chicago area interested in static-line towing anymore. Aero-towing seems to have taken over and has become the default method of towing around here.

So, here's what I have:

1. A Rich Sacher-built reel in a beefed-up frame designed to plug in to any Reese-type trailer hitch
2. A Bill Bryden-built hyraulic line tension control system
3. A beefed-up re-wind motor with a heavy-duty, golf cart solenoid
4. An extra re-wind motor
5. 3,000' of 1/4" hollow-braid polypropylene tow rope

I'm asking $500 for the entire above package.

I also have a 25 watt, 2 meter radio for a tow car which is for sale. It has been modified to operate on the USHPA channels and the NOAA weather channels. I'm asking $100 for the radio.

I'll deliver to Southern Indiana. For more information Call me at 630-325-7147 or respond here. Thanks,

Bill Finn
12-09-2010, 09:04 PM,
Bill, I"ll buy your radio from you. Does it have an antenna with it? Thats what I need to complete my system. I'll give you a call this weekend. Thanks Buddy!
12-12-2010, 02:15 PM,
Aviater Wrote:Bill, I"ll buy your radio from you. Does it have an antenna with it? Thats what I need to complete my system. I'll give you a call this weekend. Thanks Buddy!

Hi Jeff,

Rich called me last week saying that he was thinking about buying it. When he asked how much I wanted for it, the conversation kinda trailed off. I don't know if he wants it now or not. Why don't you check with him? If he doesn't want it, it's yours. Yes, it comes with an antenna.

Bill
06-29-2011, 12:16 PM,
Bill,
Do you still have the tow system? I fly at enjoy every now and then.

-Gary