Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News From China
07-27-2013, 01:11 PM,
News From China
Hey guys, long time no see. I have been in China for around eight months now, I have been looking for flying sites near by but not found anything. I recently went down south to visit a para glider pilot I know and he showed me some places to fly. I made a video about the trip here is the link to it:

http://youtu.be/3ER_dbtGhIM

Hope we can fly together again some day.

-Ian

P.S. Are there pictures or videos of Michal's nano trike anywhere?
07-27-2013, 03:09 PM,
News From China
Good to hear from you Ian! Looks like a beautiful place. Glad to see that you are able to mix in some flying along with work. You know what they say about all work and no play! ;-) Bring a few of those beautiful mountains back to central Indiana with you whenever you head back this way. I'll even help pay some of the shipping! Kim
I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things. Antoine de St. Exupery
07-28-2013, 09:20 PM,
News From China
Good to hear from you Uncle Rico. This summer has been pretty good for flying around here. After a very wet start which kept us grounded, we have been going about every week end, at least for the last 5 weeks. We have two new sites where to tow, near Tipton, thanks to Kent who talked to the owners and we have been scooter towing and static towing. I met an instructor at Lookout 3 days ago, from Lawrenceburg IN and he told me of a ridge oriented NW near Versailles (between Dillsboro and Aurora). Don't know if you are coming back, but if so, there will be flying available here.
07-28-2013, 09:53 PM,
News From China
Hey Ian, nice video! Glad to see you were able to find someone to fly with. Be sure to contact us when you're back in Indiana.

Kent
07-29-2013, 09:07 PM,
News From China
Nice pictures too. I want an electric bike like that. I have been thinking for years about how to put a glider on an electric bike and you did it!
07-31-2013, 10:47 PM,
News From China
pzirnhel Wrote:I met an instructor at Lookout 3 days ago, from Lawrenceburg IN and he told me of a ridge oriented NW near Versailles (between Dillsboro and Aurora).

I'm extremely excited to hear such a close flying site to Cincinnati... How can we get the coordinates? Do you know the altitude difference between the T.O. And L.Z.?
07-31-2013, 11:26 PM,
News From China
I don't know exactly where it is and Bo, the instructor did not either. He gave me general directions on Hartford Pike road off Cole Lane and that there was a dillapidated wind sock on takeoff. I can send you Bo's email if you want to take a look. He went there with a buddy, Joe, you may try to meet before going
07-31-2013, 11:45 PM,
News From China
I would like to check it out... Can you please forward the email to kacmaz.m(at)pg.com?
08-01-2013, 11:24 PM,
News From China
Mert, I sent you an email. Patrick
08-03-2013, 12:51 PM,
News From China
UnleRico Wrote:Hey guys, long time no see. I have been in China for around eight months now, I have been looking for flying sites near by but not found anything. I recently went down south to visit a para glider pilot I know and he showed me some places to fly. I made a video about the trip here is the link to it:

http://youtu.be/3ER_dbtGhIM

Hope we can fly together again some day.

-Ian

P.S. Are there pictures or videos of Michal's nano trike anywhere?

Hey Ian,
thanks for the video, what a beautiful place. Not at all what I imagined China to look like ...

My trike is this >< close to being done, just need a new set of wires to move the base tube closer and it should be airworthy. Then the "real" test flights will begine, you know, higher than 5 feet :-) No pictures yet. I do have a video of Rick skimming the ground somewhere, but not worth the effort of uploading it.

When are you coming back to Indiana?
"I saw on this nature show how male elk douses himself with urine to smell sweeter to the opposite sex. What a coincidence!!" ~Deep thought by Jack Handey