Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windfall for 9-22-13
09-20-2013, 11:00 PM,
Windfall for 9-22-13
Time to fly again. Two weeks without is enough. James, Michal, Kim and I are in (unless the majority wants to go to Wesmar). Forecast is for wind NE in the morning 9 mph, N in the afternoon 8 mph, lift 400-600 ft per min, BS 4-5 for Windfall. The South end of the road is bordered by soybeans so we can launch and land on the road. For Wesmar, the wind should be N, 7 mph, lift 500-700 ft per min and BS of 6-8.
I suggest we do the same as usual: I leave the electric car at Kent's parents the day before, Kim picks up James and I around 9:00, we drive to the South end of the Windfall road together and Michal and perhaps Kent and other pilots meet us there around 11. I will take a vote about Wesmar tomorrow and will post something by 2 PM if things change.
09-21-2013, 12:00 AM,
Windfall for 9-22-13
I am busy until Sunday afternoon. My youngest son leaves for Marines basic training Sunday. It will be hard to get away even in the afternoon as I imagine it will be an emotional day for my wife and I.
09-21-2013, 09:49 AM,
Windfall for 9-22-13
It sure will be an important time for you and your family. There will be other times for flying. You know where to find us.
09-21-2013, 02:01 PM,
Windfall for 9-22-13
As always, I prefer local to a 2-3 hour drive to Wesmar. I also prefer free to twenty dollars a tow! Even when figuring in the better BS ratio predicted in Ohio. My insticts tell me that those BS ratios are probably inflated for both locations with the rain that both areas received yesterday. But what do I know!?
Completely understandable for you to miss the day out Kent. Thank you, and your whole family for serving!
I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things. Antoine de St. Exupery
09-22-2013, 11:06 PM,
Windfall for 9-22-13
Yeeah yeah, it was all nice to get out again, do a little soaring, everyone having good landings, some of us getting their H3 and all .... but!!!!! You forgot to remind me to put sunblock on!!!!! I'm fricking red as a lobster!!!!:grrrrrr:
"I saw on this nature show how male elk douses himself with urine to smell sweeter to the opposite sex. What a coincidence!!" ~Deep thought by Jack Handey
09-23-2013, 10:10 PM,
Windfall for 9-22-13
What's nice with a small nose like yours Michal is that you don't walk around looking a drunk when you have sunburn. For the record, Kim lined up three perfect spot landings, Michal and I had extended flights (I went to 1600 feet thanks to a dust devil) and James annointed Kim and I Hang 3. For the record too, Kim looked at the Straughn road, but the crops were still in the field. Where it was soybeans, there was a 4 foot fence. It should be good in 3-4 weeks when corn is harvested. There is also a hay field nearby for landing. However, there is a tree on the East side of the road with branches hanging over the road. Kim waited for passersbies to ask who the field and the tree belonged to, but nobody came. Seems like the road has potential, but the tree needs trimmed.
09-24-2013, 12:29 PM,
Windfall for 9-22-13
My phone was stolen today, if you need to contact me use either PM here or on Facebook. And then wait till I get to a computer to check it.:grrrrrr:

I'm pissed.
"I saw on this nature show how male elk douses himself with urine to smell sweeter to the opposite sex. What a coincidence!!" ~Deep thought by Jack Handey
09-25-2013, 12:55 PM,
Windfall for 9-22-13
Yeah, right Michal! How convenient that it got "stolen" just after the new Iphone comes out... I'm just kidding of course. It sounds like somebody has it out for you over there, do you want a body guard? My services aren't cheap, but I can kill a man just using my thumb.
I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things. Antoine de St. Exupery
09-25-2013, 10:46 PM,
Windfall for 9-22-13
Got a new phone, an "old" android phone. Newer than my "old" iPhone 4, but not the new expensive stuff. Aaaaanyways .... I was flying my RC here in Dayton, in a park, and my phone was stole out of my open trunk as I'm standing 20 yards away controling the RC. Lot of curse words were uttered on the way home ...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sunday at Warren, Saturday at Richmond Dale or Sunday in Windfall? pzirnhel 14 12,507 05-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Michal M.
  Flying Sunday 8-4-13 at Windfall pzirnhel 10 4,449 08-16-2013, 09:02 PM
Last Post: pzirnhel