Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter blues
12-19-2013, 05:17 PM,
Winter blues
So, guys, what do you do to survive the winter blues? I'm already done with it. :grrrrrr:
"I saw on this nature show how male elk douses himself with urine to smell sweeter to the opposite sex. What a coincidence!!" ~Deep thought by Jack Handey
12-21-2013, 12:45 AM,
Winter blues
I'm past done with it too! Ready for some flying... But seeing as how that is pretty unlikely in the near future how about a little hang glider pilot jam session? There was some talk about this between James, Patrick and I back when we were getting airtime. So lets all get together and make it happen! Or we could just get together and drink ourselves silly! That's usually how I get through the holiday season...
I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things. Antoine de St. Exupery
12-21-2013, 09:34 PM,
Winter blues
I'm up for any of it! And willing to travel.

Silly me, I'm still hoping one of these heat waves will actually be dry. Blah, ain't gonna happen, is it?
"I saw on this nature show how male elk douses himself with urine to smell sweeter to the opposite sex. What a coincidence!!" ~Deep thought by Jack Handey
12-28-2013, 08:09 PM,
Winter blues
I am up for both, but cannot this week end for being out of town. James said some of you got airborne. How was it?
12-29-2013, 01:40 AM,
Winter blues
Pretty nice day for the 28th of December! Yeah, we got out today for a late year attempt at aviation. We arrived at the Windfall road to approximately mid 40 temps and strong & gusty southwest winds. Michal and I set up our gliders while James prepared his winch for it's first use in several years. Michal bravely took the first flight of the day with James driving tow. It was pretty easy to see that penatration was going to be a bit of an issue. Michal had a short sledride from 1100 ft. with a beautiful launch and landing. Still a bit unsure of the winds, I talked James into taking the next flight using my falcon. After Michal towed James up to 1000 ft., James banked to the left once, and not moving forward much at all basically followed the ditch we launch from right back to launch. Penatration was definitely an issue for my poor falcon! After seeing that, I easily decided to wait for another day. We were having electrical issues with the winch, but Michal decided to take one more flight. James towed him up to 1150, and he was quickly back to land. Launch and landing again looked great, and after smoking the entire electrical system on his winch, James came back to launch with the last 200 feet of line coiled up in the back of my truck. His winch will definitely need some work before it will be functional again. We called it a day after that. All in all it was still a nice day to be out making the attempt at aviation! Thanks guys.
What a great year this has been! More flying in Indiana this year than in any year since I've been involved. I know at one point, we flew on 9 CONSECUTIVE weekends. I need to check my logbook to see the total number of days we got out, but it was awesome! Thanks to ALL the guys for contributing to make it happen, Patrick, Kent, James and Michal. Hopefully, we can make this coming year, as good, if not better! Woohoo, flying in Indiana again!!!
I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things. Antoine de St. Exupery
12-29-2013, 03:33 AM,
Winter blues
It felt soooooooooo gooooooood. Almost as good as groupsex, bacon, or chocolate chip mint icecream. Yup, thaaaat good.
:party:

[video=youtube;NdNtCT2U94w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdNtCT2U94w[/video]
12-29-2013, 09:45 AM,
Winter blues
Michal M. Wrote:It felt soooooooooo gooooooood. Almost as good as groupsex, bacon, or chocolate chip mint icecream. Yup, thaaaat good.
:party:

[video=youtube;NdNtCT2U94w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdNtCT2U94w[/video]

Bacon? Yes it felt good, and we needed it. Notice how I forgot to tighten my leg straps after getting into my harness, thus
making it impossible to find the boot while under tow? Clumsy groupsex maybe but fun nevertheless. Huge gradient and you should have seen the
looks on the people that passed me as I was winding up the rope when the winch caught on fire!!