Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
June 27th
06-28-2014, 12:25 AM,
June 27th
I feel like I need to apologize for quickly closing out the day today! I should have let Patrick get in a flight if he wanted to. My sincere apologies to the other two of the three musketeers. So for the rest of you that follow this list, here is what happened to start this off:

Patrick called Thursday after checking XC-Skies, telling me that the weekend forecast was not looking at all spectacular with one exception. Friday afternoon, in Seymour, which was looking... dare I say, epic. After some late evening wrangling trying to make sure we had three pilots, by 11:00 pm it was set. Meeting at my place Friday morning and heading to Seymour to get what was looking to be some epic air. Later in the night I checked google earth and discovered that one of the two N-S roads we used to use, now has powerlines along them. Then, I wake up to find Mother sick and my Sisters making plans to take her either to the Dr. or the emergency room. I was assured that they would keep me updated and that I should go on with my plans. Ok, one less road, worries about Mom, but lets try this anyway! The guys get here, and we load up and head south. The further south we go, the better it starts looking. By the time we get into Seymour it is looking like the epic day that was predicted, and we are all getting excited that this is really going to be the day. We decide to drive down the old N-S road and do find powerlines that apparently go down the road to nothing, what the hell! We head on to the other N-S road and as we come around the bend there are semi's and combines and they are cutting the wheat right in the middle of where we were headed. The dejection was palpable, booming skies and no way to get there! We decided to go check out the E-W road. After the 12-15 mile drive we arrived there to 90 degree cross winds. Even more dejected, and now with over-development looking eminent we decided to head north to check out some other options that Patrick had spotted while looking at google earth. We did find another N-S road up around Edinburgh, the guys wanted to give it a try. They set up one glider while I got the tow rig ready. James decided to take the first tow and after climbing to 150 ft. we had a rope break. That was it for me, I felt like the universe was trying to tell us something. I know Patrick wanted to take at least an attempt and I probably should have just gone with it. And we are back to where this post started. Sorry Patrick, I should have let you get yours!
P.S. Mom is fine, just an inner ear infection that has flared up a case of vertigo.
I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things. Antoine de St. Exupery
06-30-2014, 05:27 PM,
June 27th
No problem Kim. James was only 10 min late for his guitar lesson and would have missed it otherwise. This is just Murphy's law.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flying Sat June 21 pzirnhel 3 7,162 06-22-2014, 09:29 PM
Last Post: pzirnhel
  June 14th flying? Kim Banker 11 15,124 06-20-2014, 09:25 PM
Last Post: Michal M.
  June 6-8 week end flying pzirnhel 3 4,999 06-09-2014, 11:48 AM
Last Post: CHassan

Forum Jump:

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)