Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im back into the sport.
05-23-2015, 12:28 PM,
Im back into the sport.
I just got my H2 rating card in the mail a few days ago. I am kinda disappointed with myself as I wanted an H3 rating with a few special skills endorstments to open up more flying freedoms. I guess I will try harder next time. I used to fly alot with the Ohio flyers years ago. I hope to make some new friends in your area and do lots of flying. Its good to be back into the sport. thanks for excepting me into your group.
05-23-2015, 08:33 PM,
Im back into the sport.
Welcome! I guess I've been elected/had shoved on me/bestowed with the honor of/beknighted with the title of President of this club. (Do we have an official name? Indiana Soaring? sounds good to me. .) Give myself or Patrick or Kim or Mikal a call and let's go. 317-444-9246 James Asher We did pretty good today.
05-23-2015, 11:43 PM,
Im back into the sport.
Welcome back to the sport IndianaBob. James, Kim and I just tried a new road today NW of Sheridan (at the border of Boone and Hamilton County). It is a 1.4 mile-long NS road with a tree on the West side. We did not stay very long today as the wind shifted SSE, but long enough for James to stay up 30 min. I flew too but did not do as well. James towed to 1600 feet, I pinned off at about 1400. James could have gone cross country but he was drifting North still climbing and wanted me to fly (it takes 3 people for a safe takeoff) he decided to come back. Kim tore his ACL this winter so he is grounded. We often communicate by text message. If you want to come flying with us, text James, Kim or me. I will send you a private message with my cell.
05-24-2015, 08:09 AM,
Im back into the sport.
Welcome, Bob!

Hope to fly with you soon!
"I saw on this nature show how male elk douses himself with urine to smell sweeter to the opposite sex. What a coincidence!!" ~Deep thought by Jack Handey
05-24-2015, 09:55 AM,
Im back into the sport.
sorry i didnt reply sooner i am still learning to navigate the website, thanks for the warm welcome, i might go flying with you all soon, i just finished a complete inspection on my glider and equitment, i still need to repack my reserve, it would be nice to fly with you all as it is closer to home for me, hope to see you soon. thanks again.