Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's flyable tomorrow 7-11-15
07-29-2015, 11:46 PM,
Unless something ELSE unforseen happens between now and the weekend, I should be good to go. Have I said yet that I'm sick of unforseen circumstances? I'm ready to get out and at least hang out with you guys!
Speaking of which, what are you doing the night of August 6th between say 8:30 till 10:00pm? A very talented old friend of mine happens to be playing an acoustic, short one hour set at a bar right there in your back yard in Broad Ripple. I'd like to go see him, but probably wouldn't go by myself. So if your interested let me know! Since it's a week night, I know that might be a problem, but he'll be done by ten or shortly after so we could still all get home and get our rest.
I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things. Antoine de St. Exupery
07-31-2015, 11:28 AM,
Dont know if im going flying yet. I seem to have over worked myself in the hot sun the past couple days I think I got heat exhuastion, getting stronger now and feeling a little better now. plus I spent my money on some ultralight parts. Im restoring my old QuickSilver MX trying to get it airworthy again. I flew it so much years ago that I wore out some parts of the airframe. (the vibration) i will try to scape up some gas money and see how my body feels. Plus I have been building a powered trike to fly. I would like to go hang gliding though,this weekend.
08-01-2015, 11:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-01-2015, 11:12 AM by IndianaBob.)
I just drove to town and noticed the smoke from the stacks were blowing just about right for the madison/milton hill. sure would be nice to fly there. Such a pitty. Such a waste.
08-11-2015, 01:27 PM,
It should be flyable this Saturday (with a broomstick to keep the line off the sign) especially fromm 11 Am to 2 pm: NW 8 mph.
08-12-2015, 11:36 PM,
I'm available if the rest of you deem it doable! Assuming I'm still alive by Saturday of course. I sustained a ferocious attack by a hive of yellow jackets yesterday, only got stung twice, which is a little surprising, seeing as how running away is an issue for me presently. Very swollen and itchy and throbbing today. I've never had issues with an allergic reaction before, but that seems to be what is going on. Google says if it's not better in 24 to 48 hours then you can start to worry, so we'll see what it's like this time tomorrow.

A broomstick huh? That is even lower tech than my window cleaning pole. I like it!
I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things. Antoine de St. Exupery
08-13-2015, 01:05 PM,
Take benadryl 25 to 50 milligrams every 4 to 6 hours to help with allergy. The higher the dose the more likely it can cause drowsiness (caution driving), constipation, blurry vision, urinary retention (for people with prostate problems) Dry mouth.
Do you still have the stinger in the skin. If yes, it has to come out or you will get an infection.
Otherwise, James and I are on for Saturday.
08-14-2015, 08:34 PM,
As of right now I'm in, too. I need an exact address of where we're flying to put into my gps (no coordinates, please).

What time are you meeting?
"I saw on this nature show how male elk douses himself with urine to smell sweeter to the opposite sex. What a coincidence!!" ~Deep thought by Jack Handey
08-16-2015, 08:40 AM,
We gathered around 11:30 at Jerkwater/Sheridan road, which by the way is awesome and I do see a huge potential there. Patrick's glider was set up in no time and James took the first tow. Patrick followed, etc. All together, there were 5 flights and 5 sledders. The air was baby butt smooth, wind very light (1-2mph) and very variable. It made for a lot of running on launch and landings. Thank you all for a great day out and for entertaining my 5yr old who insisted on coming out with me.
"I saw on this nature show how male elk douses himself with urine to smell sweeter to the opposite sex. What a coincidence!!" ~Deep thought by Jack Handey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tomorrow 5-17-14's menu pzirnhel 4 3,465 05-23-2014, 05:19 PM
Last Post: pzirnhel
  Flying tomorrow Friday Nov 2nd in Logansport UnleRico 15 2,309 11-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Last Post: pzirnhel
  Madison Tomorrow Hefalump 2 710 07-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Hefalump